The girder launch of Bhopal Metro started at the city’s board office crossing on Tuesday, affecting the traffic of the city.
Since vehicular movement from normal routes will be halted, commuters will have to pass through alternate routes.
Following routes will be closed
According to a report published in the Free Press Journal, the road between Jyoti talkies and the board office crossing will be completely shut down from January 4 to January 15.
– Movement of medium and heavy vehicles from Bogda Bridge via Jinsi Dharma Kanta, Maida Mill Road to reach the Board office square will be restricted. Given below is the alternate route.
– Entry of essential medium and heavy goods vehicles will be restricted on the ISBT route, Chetak Bridge to Jyoti Talkies intersection. Check the alternate route given below.
– Vehicular movement from Career College Tiraha, Annanagar will not be allowed from Govindpura turning to Chetak Bridge towards Jyoti Talkies intersection.
Refer to the diverted routes given below for the above restricted routes.
– Vehicular movement from Jyoti Talkies Square to the Board office will be diverted from Jyoti talkies to Hotel Residency Tiraha MP Nagar Zone-1 and then to DB mall square.
– Vehicles from the Habibganj area will be able to move via Pragati intersection Zone-2 to State Bank Tiraha, City Hospital Road to Jyoti Talkies and Chetak Bridge.
– Commuters going from Board Office Square towards ISBT Hoshangabad Road will be able to go via Pragati Chauraha, Veerasavarkar Bridge.
– Vehicles will be able to go from Bridge Bogda to Prabhat intersection, from Sawantika Petrol Pump Tiraha to Gautam Nagar and then ISBT Bus Stand.
– Vehicular movement will be allowed to Pul Bogda, Bharat Talkies from ISBT to Chetak Bridge via Gautam Nagar, Sawantika Pump Tiraha, Prabhat Chauraha to Pul Bogda towards Bharat Talkies.
– Vehicles will be able to move to Govindpura Turning, ISBT to Habibganj and TTnagar via Habibganj Naka, RRL Tiraha, Veer Savarkar Bridge, Mansarovar Tiraha, 7 No. Rotary, Nutan College.
– Medium and large passenger vehicles, including buses of BCLL arriving from Mantralaya, Pul Bogda to Jinsi Dharam Kanta to Maida Mill Road, will not be able to go from Press Complex Pragati Bhawan intersection, Vallabh Bhawan Rotary and DB Mall intersection instead they will have to take the route from Vallabh Bhawan Rotary to Vyapam square, stop number 6, Nutan College, Subhash School, number 7 Rotary, Mansarovar Tiraha, Veerasavarkar Bridge to RLL Tiraha ISBT, BHEL Govindpura, The Free Press Journal revealed in its report.
Helpline number issued
To ensure smooth flow of the traffic in the city and for commuters’ convenience, the traffic management has issued helpline numbers of Bhopal Traffic Police. In case of any emergency, people can contact the provided helpline numbers – 0755-2677340, 2443850